Thursday, April 2, 2009

New Vans Shoes.

Back in 2001 Vans released their first ever Signature Band shoe. The first band was Millencolin, one of my favorite bands. Vans produced the Old School shoe with a Millencolin logo on the tongue and on the rear sole label. Through the years groups like Social Distortion, AFI, Jonny Ramone, Iron Maidne and H2O have had their names grace a Vans sig footwear. Vans has come full circle and returned to the Swedish brew of Millencolin. For 2009 the group went with the old school Chukka Boot. Sick. I wore Chukka boots when I was 12 or 13, a different kind of shoe but was popular back then amount skaters and BMX rats. My last pair were purple, and made in the USA. I'll be grabbing 2 pair of these for when the time comes when I wear out the first my heart will not be broken. Like it was when I wore through my 2001 pair and finally tossed them in 2006.
Here the Millencolin Chukka:
In addition to the Chukka, Vans has released news about an upcoming clipless compaitble BMX shoe, called the Warner. I'll probably HAVE to get those once they hit my distributors. Vans has been out of the clipless game since 2002 when they offer the VMX. I'm pretty sure Fuzzy Hall used them when he raced. But I could be wrong.
Here's a peak at the Warner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its interesting to see that Vans has released news about an upcoming clipless compaitble BMX shoe, called the Warner, thanks for the news.

Thanks
vans shoes lover